Sunday, April 12, 2009

Finally, something I've made!

So, I worked on a couple of my projects last night- enough so that I could feel okay about doing something non-school related. I decided I needed to knit something. And because I have successfully knitted almost nothing (the scarf I started at Christmas sort of counts- I ran out of yarn and I don't know how to keep going with a new skein), I called my mom.

My mother has been knitting since she was eight years old. She's been knitting a long time. She was able to remind me how to "cast on" over the phone. That's talent, right there. She suggested I try a baby hat pattern since it only required me to knit and purl, which is all I can do at this point.

Since we don't have a baby, I have decided this hat will be given to Joe. Pale yellow really is his color, isn't it?


The gorgeous blue throw also seen in these pictures was made by my mom. She swears it isn't a baby blanket, but I'm not so sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment