Thursday, July 16, 2009

Renovation, *sigh*

We’re making fairly good progress on the house. Things are much easier now that M. has use of his right arm. The kitchen is coming along nicely and it won’t be long before I can start unpacking all the kitchen stuff that has languished in boxes for the last several months.

Speaking of unpacking—I finally finished unpacking all our clothes. I had decided that when we moved back from Chapel Hill, I was going to go through our master closet and sort through all the stuff that has taken up space on our shelves. I gathered quite a bit to donate to the thrift store. Here’s the result of several days of sorting, hanging, and folding:

closet no joeWait… what is that on the lower shelf?

closet with joe  Why yes, that IS Joe… our cat.

Joe basketHe’s my favorite cat… besides Elle. He’s adorable and (because he’s so fat) he’s a lot of fun to pet. Joe has decided that this basket is now his preferred napping spot. It’s quite charming, except that this is where I put all my tanks/undershirts. I probably should keep the door closed or shoo him out of the basket… but instead I’ve started turning the shirts inside out so that the cat hair won’t be so noticeable. 

1 comment:

  1. The closet looks really nice and organized! And Joe looks so comfy.

    ReplyDelete